Thursday, May 20, 2004

newport beach

So I'm in Southern California for the first time. It's really fucking beautiful I can tell you. Really. I drove up through Laguna Beach which is where E is from. What a place to grow up. For someone who grew up in Ireland it really does look like something out of a movie. It is a movie set. Even the people wandering around look like movie extras. The women are beautiful. The boobs can't possibly be real. The guys all have a little edgy facial hair.
This evening I drove out to Newport Beach. I totally missed the best part of it when I was driving around in the dark last night. This place also is kick ass gorgeous. Eye bleedingly beautiful. Stomach achingly beautiful. I hate that I am seeing these things on my own. Going to these beautiful places on my own only serves to remind me of how solitar so much of my life has been. It feels as i I need to avoid beauty until I have a beauty to share these experiences with. I'm sure that feeling won't last, but it's a strange one nonetheless.
Currently listening to Kings of Leon. lyric "...people feel so cold whenn they're dead...". Great band. Listen to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home