Monday, May 17, 2004

online / offline

So, I've been thinking about the online dating thing some more. It's a phenomenon that I have huge respect for. We no longer have a village green to gather in, places of worship are not in vogue as places to congregate. The workplace works for some people, bars and clubs for others. The internet provides a new gathering place for people wanting to meet people. It's a pretty decent system. I would like to extend what happens on line to the real world. On the internet the ladies are there, on web sites basically saying - ask me out, I am available. take me on a date - I'm 29, aquarius, and spiritual but not religious. I'd like to see women who are single and would like to have a boyfriend, and there are some, despite what they tell me in bars, walk around with a sign on thier backs, no actually make that on their fronts, stating that they are available with a brief overview of thier personality, their age, weight and height become irrelevant, that saves some space - but I can see, favourite movies, bands she likes, things I might find in her bedroom. Whether she wants children or not. This would be a very effective system. I'm not sure where to meet a woman any more. I'd feel wierd to go up to a woman on the street and just ask her out. It might seem intrusive. But if she has a sign on her then it'd be ok. Perhaps that would be too obvious. Women would be hassled too much. Maybe if the signs were secret. So, the web site has an offline version whereby you wear some kind of a secret sign that tells other members that you are available and a couple of pertinent facts about yourself. Maybe a special hat, or a secret scarf what only other members would recognise. Wouldn't that be great. It'd be like being a spy and you're on the look out for other spies. It would mean that the women would have to start rejecting you in person rather than just not replying to your emails. Hey, it's not a perfect system yet, but the potential is massive. I wish I had this idea in 1998, I wouldn't be working now, and I'd probably have a girlfriend.

2 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

29 eh? :)

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger koster said...

not me 29, the girl would be 29. y'see?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home