Friday, May 14, 2004

online dating

So I've tried online dating a bit over the last year or so. Met some great women, had some good laughs. Had a great relationship that deeply effected me for the better. It ended, but I got a lot out of it. Some relationships drain you, but ultimately I left that one more complete and a somehow smarter person.

I've learned a few things. All the women are 15-20% less cute than their photo. "Warning; Objects in profile are less cute than the appear". For women that don't post a photo I don't know what that means. I only hear back from about 1 in 4 or 5 that I contact. It's strange. I got a woman like the woman I dated last year by doing nothing. She emailed me and is gorgeous, funny and smart. Then I contact women out of sort of curiousity and get nothing back. I literally think to myself - I've been rejected by better women than you and don't let it bother me.

A friend has just signed on for J-Date and after some mixed success on other online dating sites he has hit the motherlode. He is getting contacted all over the place, they're emailing him, IM'ing him. It's great for him. He's lovin' it. So, in a radical measure I've decided to hack my foreskin off and sign up. My jewish friend suggested that I display my bloody penis in my profile as a sign of my committment to my new faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home