Sunday, June 05, 2005

not again...

Now it's the people downstairs.

I went to my room to have a little nap earlier but there were noises, initially vague from the apartment below. These noises became louder and lost any vague quality they had. More sex. My whole building is having sex apart from me. Darnit.

The guy downstairs was quite the talker. He was chatting away the entire time. I say chatting as I couldn't know for sure what he was saying. Lying on the floor with my ear to the ground didn't bring the clarity I would have liked. Too muffled. But I could hear the noise of him talking. Constantly. Constantly. What he could have been saying I don't know. I think I heard a couple of "Do you like that ... yeah ... yeah?" But being asked rhetorically. It was non-stop. I presume there was some repitition. There just isn't that much to talk about while having sex, as far as I can remember. Maybe it was kind of a running commentarylike you'd get in a sports event. The Derby horse race was on in England yesterday. They manage to talk through a lot of riding in that. Or maybe he was telling the lucky lady about his week at work or something. I've often thought about telling jokes just to keep a lady entertained while sex is happening. I'm pathetically eager to please I think. Perhaps a card trick. That'd be interesting. Or produce a unicycle from the bed and take a spin around the room, while juggling.

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Rowena Hart said...

I can relate completely.

I used to live in a heritage (aka "no sound proofing") building in Vancouver, BC. There also happened to be about 8 feet between my building and the building next door. More importantly, in the summertime everyone kept their windows open at night.

Every Friday night like clockwork, my neighbours - in both buildings - would start having sex.

The newlyweds and recently hooked up boys/girls would start first. That would give the couples who'd been together for a couple of years the idea, and they would start just as the other folks were winding down. Then the couples who'd been married for several years would start. When those couples were winding down the newlyweds and recently hooked up boys/girls would start again.

A friend of mine was staying over at my place one weekend (on the pull out couch in the living room) and I warned her about the sex. She didn't believe me when I said it was loud. We went to sleep. An hour later my downstairs neighbour and his new girlfriend got home from a night out and ... you know.

My downstairs neighbour's new girlfriend happened to be a screamer. Occassionally you'd hear a grunt of satisfaction from him, but she was either really enjoying herself or faking it like mad.

My friend woke up in a panic, thinking that someone was being attacked in the alley. She started laughing uncontrollably when she realized what the sound was. She yelled out to me - "Is that for real?"

I started laughing and yelled back - "Yes. I TOLD you it was loud." We continued laughing and joking about it for several minutes.

Then I realized it was silent, and we hadn't heard the neighbour or his girlfriend climax. I think they heard my friend and I discussing them having sex and either stopped completely (unlikely) or turned the volume down.

I never heard the downstairs neighbour (or his girlfriend) having sex after that. Oh, and I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but he moved out two months later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home