Friday, May 20, 2005

it would be useful...

I'm building this evening. Yes, it's a Friday evening, but I'm new back here, not every night is booked up, and at least I'm trying to make productive use of the evening. It's a desk I'm building. Need it for my appartment, or flat. This has turned into a particularly challenging flat-pack. I know a bit about flatpack furniture. My flat is packed with it. In fact I don't think I've ever bought any other kind of furniture. Except a bed. But that's pretty much flat right out of the box, so it doesn't really count. Today I hit a new level of complexity. This set of instructions, in a nice understated way have said to me, well instructed me ... they are instructions after all, "it would be useful to ask someone to help you at this stage". The one thing that they haven't included is someone to help you. That's probably the most important part. This I haven't seen before. It's late on Friday night. I don't have a good enough friend to ask to come around and help me with this at this hour. Also, I couldn't reveal that I'm at home assembling furniture on a Friday night. I'm resolving this to myself as just being part of the period of adjustment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home