Saturday, May 29, 2004

guitar

In the ongoing battle to make myself more interesting I bought a guitar. Well, it's not just about becoming more interesting, I was also cripplingly bored at the time and this seemed to offer a great new hobby to take up for a couple of months. When I bought the guitar I also got myself a DVD of lessons. Well, the hilarity as I tried to tune the guitar. Turns out I'm pretty much tone deaf.
I can hear the difference in the notes as I turn the key, but I can't hear if it's the same as the note coming out of the TV. No idea at all. I wasn't even close. A friend helped tune it in the end and must have twisted the little key 5 times around. It had baffled me. I didn't see this coming at all.
Then another obstacle. Now, this might be down to technique. I'm not sure. However I am having significant problems with putting my fingers on the strings. Well, that's not true, the problem is putting my finger tips on only one string. I have fat finger tips. Too big to play a standard guitar. I think I'm retaining fat in them. I don't know what excercises to do to reduce the weight there. They don't even measure fingertip fat when you get a bodyfat analysis done in the gym. I might have to get liposuction, or tiposuction as I'm sure it's called, if it exists.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

online christian dating service

 

Post a Comment

<< Home