Wednesday, September 21, 2005

from home

There's a lot of people working from home these days. I'm one of them. Turns out I actually need supervision to be productive. I'm sitting here not working from home right now. It's wierd not working from home. It's not the solitary nature of it, it's more that there's absolutely nothing to steal, or at least nothing worth stealing.

Turns out I needed that supervision to prevent me from taking home anything not bolted down. I now am forced to buy office supplies. Can you believe it? When did you last buy a simple blue pen. I've had to go out to a shop and buy pens, and pads of paper. There's actually shops that sell office supplies. I thought it that the office was just a plance where one could get that sort of thing. Like picking blackberries from a bush on a country lane. Staples and paper and pens are just the wild crops of the office environment, waiting to be harvested.

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Carl Lyons said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Carl Lyons said...

Hi fella. Wondered if you were still keeping this blog, and glad to see you are. I've often thought of starting one myself

It says on your profile you're in the States, but I'm guessing you're still in Ireland?

Anyhow, hope you're well, and give us an email some time

Cheers, Carl

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home